Research will continue!
Hephziban will continue its research efforts to meet consumers’ diverse
1. Hephzibah F&B’s technology of low temperature thermal dehydration used for producing fruit chips is superior to freeze drying technology of competitors in terms of installation cost and investment.
|Classification||low temperature drying|
|Production method||fruit dehydration by low temperature drying|
|Advantages||– Dried products produced in natural way
– Rich in nutrients, taste, shape, color and flavor
|Disadvantage||– shrinkage during dehydration (volume against the weight)|
2. Hephzibah F&B can establish production bases on a proper scale in each region and minimize production and logistics costs through low temperature thermal dehydration.
Diversify production bases in major fruit-producing regions (network)
– Increased efficiency of operating production facilities by sharing facilities of each production base
Focusing on one-fruit production process
– Possibility of excessive facilities at harvest peak time
3. Hephzibah F&B is manufacturing differentiated products by low temperature thermal dehydration that can obviate the disadvantages of hot-air drying.
Patent and certification
Hephzibah continues patent application and management in a systematical and professional way to achieve sustainable growth in fruit chip markets which are expected to become more competitive.
1. Certified date: February 19, 2013
2. Major research area
Function of food
Flavor and function of natural food
Development of new product
Utilization of dried fruit
3. Research accomplishment
|Year||title of research project||details|
|2017||Developed acid decomposition extraction of water-soluble dietary fiber (pectin) using fruit by-products and a refining process||Acid decomposition extraction of water-soluble dietary fiber (pectin) and a refining process|
|2015||Project for developing product process technology (Developed a system to automatically control temperature and humidity for farm-food driers)||Project for developing product process technology (Developed a system to automatically control temperature and humidity for farm-food driers)|
|2014||developed detachable U-Clip dry net for drying fruit chip||developed detachable U-Clip dry net for drying fruit chip|
|2013||developed well-being fruit powder using fruit light source-attached low temperature freeze dehydration||– developed fruit powder by fruit chip milled powder and fruit peels
– developed fruit powder with great nutrients, taste, flavor and color and applied for patent and trademark
– developed low temperature hot air dehydration technology attaching LED
|2012||manufactured the prototype of a new product and analyzed marketing strategies for new market||– established strategies for entering into the market and developing new markets through market research and S/T/P analysis
– developed cereal product with high fiber content in consideration of consumer needs (developed the prototype of cereal product using fruit byproducts)